Active RFID has several complimentary technologies, such as GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi and sensors. In combination, these technologies represent an exploding segment of the technology industry, in which long-term functionality and value are just beginning to be discovered.
In this report, we will delve into Active RFID and explore a few key concepts you need to grasp to be able to implement this exciting technology.
- Prime Benefits: In this section, we will explore what is unique about Active RFID and what are its prime benefits.
- How it works: RFID has several solution models—Zonal or Choke Point and Real-Time Locating Systems. This section will describe these capabilities, as well as explain how Active RFID fits in with other wireless technologies.
- Middleware and the Software Backbone: There are several software elements that make Active RFID work on an enterprise or global basis, and these elements will be explored.
- Active RFID Market: What are the market segments? How well is the market doing?
- Major Player Profiles: That are the players and what’s different about them? How do they charge for their solutions?
There is a tremendous amount of information to absorb about RFID, and Active RFID is a category worthy of volumes. This report will give you a great head start on the basics.