SPECIAL GPSEG PRESENTATION
Stopped in Your Tracks!
The Impact of Supply Chain Risks on Share Price, Insurance, and Performance
Product Recalls, revolutions, volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes and hurricanes are making big news. Less reported, but much more frequent, are individual disasters and disruptions such as plant fires and explosions, machine failures, and labor challenges. All of these can cause long lasting supply chain disruptions with potentially enormous impacts to revenue, shareholder value, operational costs, risk transfer costs, and corporate reputation. The cost for investors, insurers, and supply chain participants is too high not to address by understanding and dealing with supply chain risk and resilience.
Though supply chain risk has been talked about for years, few manufactures have made the necessary investments required to effectively manage their risks; few insurers have developed underwriting models that accurately assess true exposures from supply chain risks; and few investors are able to adeptly and rapidly understand how events impact the performance and value of the firms in their portfolios.
In this session, ChainLink Research will present findings from their recent research on Supply Chain Risk and Resilience.
You will learn:
- The differences between the best run companies and typical companies in how they manage their supply chain risks and how they fare in disrupting events.
- Identifying and fixing weaknesses in current underwriting models for BI and CBI policies.
- Assessing the impact of specific events and supply chain disruptions on corporate performance-- revenue, profit, share price, and operational activities (quality, recovery, and inventory).
- Processes and technologies that can help companies improve their resiliency.
This is a "must see" presentation for investors, insurers, and supply chain managers. It is appropriate for GPSEG executives in the following subgroups:
- Supply Chain & Operations Management
- Financial Executives
- Private Equity
- Life Sciences
- All other subgroups with an interest in this topic
NOTE: Most meetings will be fully attended and will have a waiting list. If you are unable to attend, please cancel by phoning (215-393-3144) or e-mailing Maureen Waddington at least 48 hours prior to an event.
Name: Bill McBeath
Topic: Supply Chain Resilency
Bill McBeath - Managing Director, Founding Partner - ImpactFactor
Bill McBeath is cofounder of ImpactFactor, a supply chain risk measurement and analytics company. Mr. McBeath also cofounded ChainLink Research, the leading supply chain research firm. He has more than 20 years of experience in a variety of roles as a business and technology researcher and consultant, high tech executive, product manager, and software architect. As a researcher, Mr. McBeath has interviewed hundreds of leaders and surveyed thousands of companies on supply chain related practices, processes, and solutions. Two areas of particular focus:
- Risk Management - Mr. McBeath pioneered the concept and elements of supply chain resilience during the past decade. Led the creation of ImpactFactor's Supply Chain Risk model, used to monitor, manage, and prioritize risks and mitigation investments.
- Sourcing and Procurement - Extensive research with the world's best run companies about their next generation of best practices, management of supplier risk and performance, practical implementation challenges, and use of technology.
Mr. McBeath was also Managing Director at Marsh, creating and leading their Supply Chain Risk Research group. Before co-founding ChainLink Research, Mr. McBeath was Managing Director of Emerging Technologies at Benchmarking Partners/Surgency, where he formulated and executed successful go-to-market strategies for dozens of startups and established firms. Prior to that he was Director of Server and Networking Development at NEC Computer Systems.
Mr. McBeath is a popular speaker, having delivered keynote addresses and led panel discussions at many industry conferences.
Name: Ann Grackin
Topic: Supply Chain Resilency
For more than two decades Ann Grackin has been on the frontline of Supply Chain Management. As CEO of ChainLink Research, Ms. Grackin and her team have advised their clients on innovation and transformation, achieving dramatic improvements in business performance. From growth and market share, improvements in working capital, to the development of risk and compliance frameworks for today's global enterprises, ChainLink supports a total view of success for their clients.
Before starting ChainLink, Ms. Grackin was Managing Direct of Supply Chain Risk, at Marsh and McLennan, where she led the global consulting practice. Her stellar career in research and advisory services was started as a Foundation Partner at Benchmarking Partners and then continued, leading as Vice President of Supply Chain Strategy at AMR Research.
Ms. Grackin is a popular speaker and respected writer. The brief, ChainLink's online magazine, where she serves as Editor-in-Chief, has attracted over 300,000 readers.She has been featured in Forbes, Information Week, The Boston Globe, The San Francisco Chronicle, Supply Chain Management Review, Managing Automation, Supply Chain Brain, CIO Magazine, various RFID publications, and many other media and conference events.
Please log in to GPSEG to register for the meeting.